Farmers Market Manager
The Princeton Farmers' Market (PFM) offers the community local organic produce, free-range beef, poultry, pork, eggs and cheese, baked goods, chocolates, jams, spices, flowers, honey grains pickles, crepes, and a juice bar. The Princeton Farmers’ Market is located on Hinds Plaza, right in the heart of downtown Princeton. The full-season market runs every Thursday from May until the week before Thanksgiving. There is also a monthly indoor winter market that the Market Manager will handle from December until April.
The market manager has-
- A strong knowledge, understanding, and passion for local agriculture and food.
- Experience in event coordination, as well as marketing and social media skills (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Proven website and e-newletter experience, specifically using MailChimp.
- Design experience- specifically for PFM marketing materials (posters, postcards, etc.) and advertising for our additional businesses.
- An understanding of both the vendors’ and customers’ needs, and the ability to implement strategies to meet those needs.
- A familiarity with the Princeton area, and interaction within the community
- The manager will perform other duties necessary to support the market.
- The manager enforces the rules of the market.
The ideal candidate is reliable, positive, outgoing, articulate, self-motivated, efficient, and a strong leader. This person must be able to work independently as well as with a team of vendors, sponsors and staff members. This person must be willing to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather, and must be able to safely lift and carry 10-25lbs. Be prepared to be on your feet during the market and assist in the load-in and breakdown of each market. Candidates must own a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle to get all supplies and marketing materials to the market.
This is a full-time hourly position which requires managing market operation as well as marketing for our additional businesses.
Compensation will be $15-$18 per hour based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Princeton Farmers Market
256 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08542
ATTN: Market Manager Hiring